resort 2017

I know "resort 2017" is kind of the most boring title ever but thinking of a good one is a side issue. Yesterday I suddenly realised I hadn't seen any of the resort 2017 shows.

me: *gasp* I haven't seen any of the resort shows!
audience: *mumbles indignantly*

These are my favourites so far. I love Marc Jacobs the most. Shocking isn't it?

     
Creatures of The Wind
My first thought on this collection was "christmas" but after further investigation I saw the botanical flowers on the army jackets and lighter fabrics that made the collection not too old and christmas-like. I think this collection was very comforting in a way, it feels like home and wood fires to me. The embroided flowers were definitely sweet. Some prints reminded me of vintage wallpaper from a Wes Anderson film. Despite the Christmas elements, red and white ribbons, grandpa moccasin shoes and scarves, this collection managed to stay nochalant en natural. I think this is a classic and timeless collection yet modern and sophisticated. Creatures of the Wind never overdoes it, and again this is the perfect mix of home and modern fashion.

  
  
  
 Marc Jacobs
Maaaaaarc, why do you do this? This was once again a brilliant collection. My first thought here was definitely tacky. The black and white reminded me of a tacky clown and it's genius. Something else that springs to mind is the 80s. The animal prints, the boots, the purple-pink, Hemlines just under the knee with boots and fur collars with scarves. A washed denim jacket and jeans in pink with patches all over it was nineties all the way and the glitter boots brought it up to date. I'd kill for that outfit right there. This collection was classic Marc Jacobs. I think he manages to combine certain eras into his collections but still channels that Marc Jacobs touch.

  
  
  
   
  

  
Gucci
DON'T MIND ME EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO CURL UP AND DIE BECAUSE OF THIS PERFECTION. Are you kidding me Gucci? Are you making some kind of sick joke? First Petra Collins and now this? I don't really know what to add to this collection. But here is an earnest attempt. This collection just screamed LONDON. All classes, all eras of London. The schoolgirl socks and shoes were an ode to the british schoolgirl but the shoes also represented the London gothic style. The plaid was a nod to 60s London with Carnaby street and the dresses in the end were kind of Victorian with the lace. The plaid suits were very 60s and the graphic animals were awesome. And the sunglasses! Very nineties and Charlie's Angels, but they also made the models look very unreachable and from a higher class or something. They really reminded me of Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada for some reason. The leather purses finished the ensembles the British way. The hats are more the British countryside. Black lace leggings were gothic and punk like London and the graphic denim jackets were just perfect and aaaaaaah. See that light blue lace dress on the bottom row? Pure Perfection if you ask me.

byebye






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten