I need a slow motion video right now

Autumn/Winter 2017 is so good! I know I always say this but right now I'm actually sure! Last year I just checked out the runway shows other people liked and convinced myself I liked it, and forced an opinion on myself that was wrong. Now I'm actually sure I like it because I like it, and not because some fancy fashion people say it's a good collection. I think something very important for me, personally, is that when you're looking at runway shows and you don't immediately love it or find it interesting, you don't like it. Fashion is supposed to be fun and I think the clothes should look nice, or at least interesting and cool.

These were my favourite collections so far, with Calvin Klein being my number 1. Obviously. 

1. CALVIN KLEIN



No words. Raf Simons for Calvin Klein looks so cool. I recommend watching the video of the show because it had a killer soundtrack.

2. PROENZA SCHOULER



Before this I had never liked every single look of a collection. Proenza Schouler F O R E V E R.

3. MOLLY GODDARD



Molly Goddard makes fashion so exciting!

4. KENZO



I love the colours and fringe dresses!

5. THOM BROWN



Grey has never been this cool.

6. MARYAM NASSIR ZADEH



I just discovered Maryam Nassir Zadeh this season but I love it!

7. CREATURES OF THE WIND



I hope latex socks are going to be a thing this Autumn because they look so cool.

I felt like everyone was pretty crazy about the Gucci collection, but honestly I liked the previous collection a lot more and I felt like the looks were kind of culturally inappropriate (what was up with the 'Geisha Look'?) so I didn't mention it here. I don't know, I think Gucci didn't have any bad intentions with it, but they kind of used the excuse of 'it's cultural appreciation'. I understand it's a thin line but mentioning the collection on this blog just didn't feel right. I suggest checking out this article by Refinery29.  I love the collection so so much but I'm still trying to figure out what they meant with the 'oriental' thing there because it just seems very complicated.

I'm not sure whether I like Prada, I understand why people liked the collection but then again I liked the previous collection better.

See you soon!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten