Outfits In Films

Today I decided to combine my two favourite things in the world: outfits and films! Although food is also on of my favourite things in the world, but how are you supposed to decide between fashion, films, and food. If someone ever asks you, that person is just a big sadist. So my two (almost) favourite things in the world. Outfits because, DUH, FASHION. And films, a new interest (read: obsession). I feel like the only thing I've done this Summer is lie in bed watching films which is kind of true. What I've noticed while doing this very productive and important research in films, is that some of the outfits are absolute gems. Obviously I can't list every single outfit I like in a film here. I can, however, make seperate posts reviewing fashion in my favourite films. So this is kind of a new segment on my blog, I only need to think of a good title. Maybe just Outfits In Films, but if you have any ideas, let me know in the comments.
I'm starting off with my favourite outfit in my favourite film ever. And I put an outfit together for you inspired by the outfits in the film so you can 'shop the look'. Thank me later.

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

       

I think anyone who has ever read this blog can agree on the fact that a) The Devil Wears Prada is basically the best film ever and b) the outfits in this film are iconic, not to say legendary. Look at that ensemble on the left. Newsboy cap, layered tops and long necklaces are the essence of casual-chic in this film. I can't say I disagree. The outfit works and this is the kind of outfit situation that almost rarely works in real life. But this is possible, I swear. Bear with me, I'll explain how to make this work later. Here is an Andy-inspired outfit I tried to recreate! All the pictures are from the & Other Stories website because I was too lazy to search anywhere else.

 I love how Andy layers the off-shoulder top on top of a classic white shirt. It makes the bare shoulder top a little more Runway-appropriate. Combined with a classic pair of black pleated trousers and some silver boots it adds more texture, which eventually makes you look like you really work in fashion. I added some thin gold necklaces, because let's be honest here. We are all questioning if those Gucci necklaces work in real life. Paired with a classic leather bag I would wear this outfit in seconds! I'm really tempted to go into & Other Stories right now and try it all on.

Anyway, that was it for today, this was probably really boring but I have nothing better to do (well actually I do but I chose to ignore the fact that I really need to prepare myself for school and get physical exercise).

See you.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten