Paris Fashion Week Favourites

I am yet again horribly late with this blogpost, because Paris Fashion Week is almost coming to its end, but for today an earnest attempt at blogging regularly will have to suffice.

New York Fashion Week seemed very promising, but unfortunately the shows were all slightly dissapointing for me. I guess my expectations were just too high. Anyway, London Fashion Week wasn't very mind-blowing either, and then Gucci appropriated turbans during Milan Fashion Week and all the shows were just kind of 'oh, well'. (Except for Prada, OMG). My expectations had lowered remarkably by the time Paris Fashion Week came rolling around. 

In a short time span, though, my dissapointment shifted to excitement because the shows were VERY VERY GOOD. Dior kicked it off with a strong collection centered around GURL-POWER, and then ChloƩ captured the essence of casual-chic while Lacoste managed to make plaid look sporty again. I think a lot of designers stepped out of their comfort-zone and pushed some fashion boundaries with their collection, which I loved because usually Paris Fashion Week is a little more focused on chic rather than 'alternative' clothing.

Here are some of my favourite collections so far.


DIOR

Dior opened with Ruth Bell wearing a knit sweater that said: "C'est non non et non!" and closed with The queen Adwoa Aboah wearing a stunning flowered dress. I wasn't really sure of Maria Grazia's work at Dior at first, but she showed that she truly fits the brand. The collection displayed women in a signature Dior way, but it also had some very powerful aspects that were missing before she started. This is a stunning collection and it will without doubt pop up in lists of the most iconic fashion shows, I think. 


CHLOE

As I said earlier, ChloƩ managed to capture the essence of casual-chic in just one collection. The show featured clothes that looked stunning, but also looked comfortable. I feel like these outfits are really meant to be lived in, moved in, even danced in. Even though I'm not a huge fan of brown shades in fashion, I loved the use of brown in this collection a lot. Also, can I just snatch those side-fringed pants because they are killer.


LACOSTE

Lacoste's print game was seriously strong. The plaid and floral prints looked effortlessly cool, making this collection a future street-style fave. The bucket hats looked awesome, and so did the outerwear. Basically, Lacoste showed us one of the brand's best collections yet, and I'm curious to see how the brand is going to evolve over the next few years.


PACO RABANNE

BEST COLLECTION OF 2018 BY FAR I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS.

LOEWE

Great use of colour and material. Loved the bra-ish things over the outfits. There were some GREAT coats and bags. This collection is just very strong overall.

See u soon

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten