I don't care if monday's blue

If you didn't sing that title, shame on you, and go listen to Friday I'm In Love by The Cure. So I had fun today creating flatlays (read: procastinating) for my semi-monthly favourites post. I refuse to call this post Spring Favourites because a) there are absolutely no spring vibes in these flatlays, think blue-toned shit and the absence of floral elements and b) I'm going through this weird phase where I carry this hatred for Spring. It took me a few years of trial and error to figure out that I really am an Autumn/Winter person, I'm sorry, you guys. 

I sound so whiny in my blogposts. 

Anyway, these are some things I've been using/doing/loving lately. The flatlay turned out to be quite blue-toned, which might be because I omited pretty much everything that 'didn't fit the aesthetic I was going for' (pretentious prick alert). Creating a flatlay is a whole process, but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. It's all about comprimising the importance of the object and the visual relevance of the latter. 

That sentence didn't make any sense, I just wanted to sound like an Intellectual™. 

JOURNAL

I started journalling again (as I mentioned in my previous post), and this might be one of my favourite journals so far. I say that about every diary I finish, but oh well. I feel like my interests are very fleeting, and as my passions come and go, keeping a diary is something that has stuck with me (as well as fashion). My journal is just something I always go back to when I'm feeling uninspired and angsty. I think that's why it's so full of feelings, because whenever I flip through my previous journals I can feel this very intense specific mood. 

AND OTHER STORIES SOCKS

These socks are slightly sheer and look great with sneakers. I've been wearing shorts and skirts more often lately because of the weather, so these are the perfect way to make my outfit more interesting. They say: 'Non, merci' which means 'No, thank you' but I bet you already figured that out all by yourself. 


MONKI DROP EARRINGS

I stumbled upon these beauties when ordering denim overalls and immediately fell in love. I usually don't shop at monki but I actually really like these earrings because they are basically replicas of the ICONIC CHANEL SS18 EARRINGS. I've been dying over those earrings ever since Adwoa Aboah rocked them on the Chanel runway. Obviously I can't afford The Real Deal, so these are a cool alternative. I haven't really worn them (wearing them around the house in a narcissistic mood doesn't count) but I'm sure these will be a favourite in my jewellery collection.

AND OTHER STORIES EYESHADOW

My siblings gifted me this blue glittery eyeshadow for my birthday and even though it's a little extra for me to wear on a day to day basis it's one of my favourite makeup products I own. It's beautiful to look at and it makes my blue eyes pop. I'm petty minimalist when it comes to makeup but I've been in a Path McGrath phase lately, so this bomb eyeshadow is the perfect addition to my makeup collection.


KOMONO SUNGLASSES 

I totally freaked out when I recieved these beauties because they are the kind of 90s sunglasses you can wear really low on your nose and THE LENSES ARE BLUE (hence the title of this post). It doesn't get any better than that. Oh wait, it does, because they look delightfully funny combined with my mullet. I love them. I know I mentioned these in my previous post but here they are again for the sake of blue themed flatlays.

THE OUTSIDERS

I know I've bored you enough by talking about this book. I just love it and I recently got my own copy that happened to complement the flatlay, so that's basically it. Also, the cover has hot guys on it, need I say more?

The process of making a flatlay, as documented by me. Please note the pink lamp (my ultimate favourite of this post), the blue denim shorts, the lone highlighter on the far left, an empty water bottle and a sandalwood candle. They all didn't make the cut but deserve a place in this post. Also, special shoutout to my feet, my all time faves because they bring me everywhere and make the perfect base for cool socks and shoes. I just wanted to give you a glimpse of what truly goes on while taking pictures of a flatlay, because trying to make sure your long-ass toes aren't disrupting your vibe is the harsh truth of Flatlay Photographers.

See ya

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten