Autumn Musings

I recently did some extensive analytical research inside my very own blog, and some shocking facts have come to light. From this lengthy analysis *cough*, I've drawn the following conclusions *cough cough*:

- I post very rarely, and when I do, I start off by apologizing for not posting. These peculiar activities, or shall I say, lack of activities, are in no way beneficial to my writing skills, or blogging skills, or productivity skills, which seamlessly brings me to the following conclusion...

- When I DO post on here, I usually stick to a certain post structure *dramatically flips paper of a flipchart*. It looks like this:
  1. apologizing for not posting (see above)
  2. chit chat/small talk/pointless rambling about how my life is going in an attempt to subtly proceed to the actual subject of my blogpost.
  3. "OHMYGOD PLEASE GET TO THE POINT"
  4. the actual post, including some pictures from my Instagram you've already seen, some kind of joke about my hair, a series I'm obsessed with and a picture of the one time I got out of the house that month.
  5. a chaotic ending in which I promise to post more often (spoiler: I won't)
I guess you could call me a creature of habit, or a creature of laziness. Take your pic.

Regardless, I've decided to maintain this format today. Here we go.

Life's been all kinds of weird lately. A strangely disappointing September made room for a somewhat chilly October. You all know that cold weather is my jam, so it should come as no surprise that I've been wearing velvet shorts with sweaters 27/7. I even wore my over the knee boots to school, a decision I quickly regretted mid-day when the temperatures rose. 

I started writing for Affinity Magazine, which is an online magazine for teens by teens. It's been really cool and informative to write in a setting like this and reach an audience much bigger than my own. It's been really challenging to set goals for myself and devote myself to writing on a regular basis. It's also the reason I haven't posted anything on Instagram in about three weeks. I'm sorry. 

On another note, I've been working very hard for school, which takes up a big chunk of my time these days. I've never been the kind of person to focus on school so much, but it's become increasingly important to me to thrive academically. I guess I found out that I actually like studying maths and Latin. It's something I want to work hard for. 

In between all of that, September was also fashion month, which meant fashion week, which meant being at school fangirling over Proenza Schouler. I'll make a trend report this month if I have the time!

This is what my Autumn has looked like so far.


I finished Middlesex and Mythos at the end of Summer, but I was mentally already in Autumn mode. Middlesex was a rather tough read because of its writing style, but it was nonetheless heartbreakingly beautiful. Mythos was full of funny remarks and witty uttering, which I loved, naturally.

 

I must admit that it's been hard not to pick out these velvet shorts every single day when I get dressed. People around me can confirm that I've worn these babies repeatedly this month. They've been a staple in my wardrobe for over two years now, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of them. They're Rodarte X & Other Stories (I know, I still can't believe that collab actually happened either). On the right is the cover of my most recent diary. For some reason, Autumn calls for writing more than anything. While my diary entries are of low literary standard and are most often bland descriptions of what I'm up to at that moment, they are very close to my heart.

According to my usual structure, there are only a few things left to say before I publish this post and go back to studying.

1. About my hair: it's now a full-on bob and it's a few centimeters away from being shoulder length. I love it. 

2. About a series obsession: nothing new, I've been rewatching some episodes of The Mindy Project and a few Skam episodes after a particularly angsty week. 

3. About that one time I got out of the house: there were multiple times, and they were great. I went to a few parties, hung out with my friends and siblings and probably did some other stuff, but I can't recall them right now.

So that's it! I promise I'll write on here again very soon (lol). 

Love,

Cato

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten