The most useless post ever

I should probably come up with a more creative blog post title, because my most recent titles aren't exactly literary masterpieces. I suppose I should 'quirk' it up so more people are attracted to actually readig the post, but I know that my readers are here for amateuristic fashion writing, not clickbait titles.

Yesterday night I found myself occupying the couch yet again, so I decided to spend my time efficiently by watching vine compilations for two hours straight before opening up photoshop. I've been on a photoshop roll lately where I attempt to make the most basic collages I can think of. It usually takes several hours, including a dozen of google searches like: 'How to enlarge a picture in photoshop'. I also shut off my laptop at least once during the process of making an image because I'm not known to be a patient person.

Apart from the frustration that inevitably comes with photoshop, I have been enjoying making these crappy collages a lot! I guess I should mention that because this blog sometimes resembles a whine diary. I should call this blog: "Cato whining about her very privileged life" instead of "The Buzz Cut Kids". Speaking of blog names, I guess my blog name isn't relevant anymore because I no longer have a buzz cut. Should I start calling it: "The Mullet Kids"? "The Questionable Hairdo Youngsters?" The Horrible Haircut Humans?" Let me know what you think.

ANYWAY, to finally get to the freaking point: I did some experimenting with photoshop again so I'm writing a blogpost about it to feel like I've done something productive. This is going to be a quick post about my magazines, and some recommendations I have on the magazine-front. I buy magazines on the regularly, listed below are the ones I buy often and enjoy reading.


 VOGUE

I buy the new Vogue issue almost every month. I like British, French or American Vogue, depending on who's featured in the issue and the cover (don't judge me). There's always someone I love featured in the magazine, which is why I buy them often. When there aren't really any articles or shoot that have my interest I don't buy Vogue. A lot of people will probably say that Vogue is not known for its feminist articles, and I personally agree on that, but I do feel like Vogue is doing a serious effort at being a more inclusive, representing magazine, especially with Edward Enninfull becoming editor in chief and all... It's definitely going forward, even though it should've happened earlier. I really recommend Vogue for people who want to keep up with fashion, and they always have the most stunning fashion shoots. You do get a lot of advertisements, but I do think the magazine is worth the price you're paying.


DAZED AND CONFUSED

Dazed is definitely one of my favourite magazines out there. The magazine has this very specific vibe, and nothing really diverges from that, which I love because it makes the magazine very unique. Dazed has some really great articles and interviews with both celebrities (think: Rihanna) and up-and-coming artists or designers. The graphic design game is strong, as well as the shoots. In the big picture everything just fits. I never rip out pages from this magazine because it's just too pretty, whereas I do rip out pages from Vogue magazine. Dazed is slightly more expensive, but it's worth it because you get a lot of actual reading material for what you're paying.

I don't really know what my thoughts on the lightning gif are. It looks ugly but I kind of like it. I'll probably get a headache if I watch this any longer. The ugliness actually hurts my eyes, or maybe it's the fact that I've been on my phone all day, followed by an hour spent making these gifs. I should go outside more often.


L'OFFICIEL

I've bought a few issues of l'Officiel now and I have to admit that I'm quite impressed! It's kind of low-key. It's not too thick and has some nice shoots and interview. It makes for great collage material as well. Just putting that out there. I'm probably every reader's worst nightmare as I always rip out different pages and cut out clothing items from magazines to use for collages. Anyway, I really like this magazine, and it's great for people who like reading about fashion every once in a while, but don't feel the obsessive need to remember every single upcoming trend (*coughs*)

See ya

1 opmerking: