Fashion week

Even more fashion week realness because these collections are too good not to share.

GUCCI
 Gucci was once again so strong, I didn't like gucci that much at first but the last few collections were so good. I think being at the actual show must've felt like being in a Wes Anderson film set/a perfectly aesthetic New York bar. I mean, the red carpets? Shades of pink velvet and cigarette smoke? Yes please. (Well, actually not the smoke because smoking is bad DON'T DO CIGARETTES KIDS)
 I'm not sure how I can describe these clothes but 70s, clubs, hats and lip gloss certainly come to mind.
 The looks somehow reminded me of A Series of Unfortunate Events which is weird but fits perfectly. The show was so victorian/tacky seventies. The oversized glasses, bootcuts and the astonishing amount of flowiness are very seventies but then the fans, hats and silhouettes of the dresses seemed so old. 
HOW FREAKING BEAUTIFUL IS THAT RIGHT COAT.

PRADA
 Prada's collection is named Days of Future Past and I don't think you could describe it any better. The retrofuturism was real, my friends.
 Probably one of the coolest Prada collections yet. I think this is how the future looked like in the seventies/eighties because of the greens, dark blues and reds. This is how people incorporated futurism in their own style. Actually this also reminds me of seventies and eighties architecture and trains and holiday resorts. Oh, and Charlie's Angels.
 I'm totally loving the plaid vibe going on and the sports bras (old-fashioned bikini tops?) over neat shirts vibes.
 So much perfection and outfit inspo ahhh.
 This was my favorite look because look at it.

MOLLY GODDARD
 Molly Goddard had (just like Marc Jacobs) this rave theme going on and I love it! Next spring is going to be a technicolor one. I'm crying over that awesome rainbow sweater.
Molly Goddard's fairy like world always has this very down-to-earth thing to it. She always manages to make her fantasy worlds not too over the top and there always remains a certain soberness. In one of the collection before this one her models were just making sandwiches while the looks were shown which makes it more real I guess. Creating a fantasy that always has this big real thing in it.
 
The metallic grey and pink are so good together and Molly is definitely one of my favorite designers ever! 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten