The wonderful world of Phia

When Phia and I got in touch a while ago via Instagram we immediately bonded over our love for Lizzie Mcguire and Molly Goddard. We decided we had to do something together on our blogs but since she lives on the other side of our planet and meeting up in real life isn't possible (no shit Sherlock) we decided to write a post about each other instead. That includes an interview and some outfit 

1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Hi! I'm Phia and I live in Australia! I love fashion and I also have a blog. I love taking photos of everything! I love Fleetwood Mac, and also Kate Bush and Bowie ofcourse!


2. So obviously you like fashion, but where does most of your inspiration come from?


I'm actually not completely sure.I guess it comes from everywhere: movies, blogs, sometimes just my mind making up wacky ideas. It's probably also influenced by the place I live in but there is not one definitive thing I rely on for fashion inspo!


3. What is your staple clothing item?


Hmm... That's a hard one! I can't decide between my sparkly platforms or my corduroy overalls (quite a contrast!).


4. Why do you choose fashion as a way to express yourself?


I love fashion because you can honestly do absolutely anything with the clothes you wear, and reflect on how you are feeling without having to physically speak it. I also find that it makes me feel more secure and that I am able to hold myself better, which can also reflect on your confidence.



 

5. What are some of your favourite places to shop?


SHOPS AND MARKETS! I love these places to death as there is practically no other place that I shop! My favorite thing about them is that you buy a piece, and no one else in the world has it, so there is absolutely no chance that anyone can cramp your style. And also, your wardrobe turns out uber original.


6. Do you have any tips for people trying to find their own style?


One thing that I would definitely say is to be as creative as possible (and I know everyone says this), but try everything! That way you can learn what you are comfortable with and also push the boundaries. also, don't spend too much $$$ on clothing if u don't have much (like me). There will always be a thrift store around and why not give it a go! You can get more for less!


7. How would you describe your style?


When people ask me this question, I honestly have no idea what to say because I do not know myself. A lot of people like to say their style is grandma, but I'm definitely opting to a more grandpa-ish vibe sometimes, and then other times, kinda Stevie Nicks bohemian style and I love colour so... I hope that's giving you a kinda rough idea?


8. Is there something you really want to accomplish or do you know what you want to be when you grow up?


I really want to do something in the creative industry, maybe work for a magazine or as a stylist. I'm dreaming here, but I would also love to do a Ted Talk one day!


9. What's your favorite era style-wise?


I think I'd have to say 60s mod era, but then I also love 20s flapper era and also the Art Deco period and the 90s! (I'm not very good at giving a definitive answer, am I?)





Personally, I'd describe Phia's style as colourful and I'm definitely getting some vintage/thirft vibes. Also, since she lives in Australia, she doesn't have to wear 1000000 layers so her style is way lighter and more colourful. To achieve a Phia-inspired look, I'd recommend looking for a light, airy top (something sheer like tulle or a colourful bandeau) and some cool thrifted trousers with a grandpa-ish fit. Accessory-wise, look for some statement earrings (a true Phia essential) and a cool belt. There you go! You now look like the coolest girl in town. Some other cool stuff to look out for are vintage graphic tees and special skirts. Now go out in the sun and feel like an angelic goddess. 


I love how Phia mixes lots of vintage and thrifted clothes with modern trends and accessories. Try to be brave and mix different colours like Phia! 


Anyway, I hope you kind of liked this Phia-appreciation post. You should check out her awesome blog for lots of fashion inspiration. You can find her on instagram @phiathepear. 



Yours truly


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten