2017

As the end of 2017 is approaching, I decided to compile this year in one big blog post. 2017 went by really fast, I feel like it has only just begun. 2017 was a good year for me, and it was definitely a lot better than 2016. I feel like I haven't evolved a lot as a person this year. I might have grown a little bit more responsible this year, but I highly doubt that. I've gone to so many cool things this year and it's been quite intense in a good way. I think I'm just really comfortable with myself. I guess that's a good thing because I still feel like I was trying really hard to be the Positivity Angel Bee I wanted to be. I now realise that I don't have to pretend to be really excited, positive and cute when I'm not. I just enjoy being the horribly sarcastic dork I am. So let's get started.

FILMS

   
   


 2017 was dominated by film. I watched a lot of films this year and I just got into film in general. I really want to make them myself one day. I kept a blog where I reviewed every single film I've watched since Summer I think. You can find it on 24hrfilm. Some of the movies that surprised me the most were Trainspotting, Moonlight, The Breakfast Club and The Outsiders. I hope to watch a lot more films in 2018. I think that's an achievable goal for me as I a) don't have to leave my house to watch a film an b) watching a film doesn't involve any kind of physical exercise. It's kind of a win-win situation, I get to do nothing with a solid excuse and you get to read my useless film reviews. 

MUSIC


I am proud to present to you, my most listened songs from 2017 (according to spotify). 2017 was a big year for me music-wise, and I think I really found my music genre. I mean, I'm open for a lot of different styles, but give me some girl-power hiphop and I'm on board. I slightly tinkered the list, so there aren't too many double songs in there. Here it is. Some of my favourite artists of the year include Romeo Elvis, SZA, Jorja Smith and Tommy Genesis.




OUTFITS

As I'm writing this I am (yet again) regretting not taking more outfit pictures. I'm pretty satisfied with my instagram content this year. It has definitely become more centered around my outfits, and I'm happy with that. I feel like my style has evolved into something I'm finally 100% comfortable with. I'm trying to mix sporty elements, chic things and tough-looking styles in my wardrobe.

  
   

I recieved a beautiful & Other Stories x Kim Gordon sweater which was such a lovely surprise. I've been wearing it non stop. The things I bought in 2017 that I like the most are my leather Tommy Hilfiger wrap skirt, my over-the-knee boots from & Other Stories and my slip dress and faux leather skirt from Weekday. Also pretty much everything I bought at weekday, to be honest. It just occurred to me that I'm wearing a skirt or dress in every single pic here. My usual uniform is a hoodie, track pants and sneakers, just saying this because I'm not going to lie about my daily outfits.

MOMENTS 

I feel like I've been able to do some really cool stuff in 2017, which I am very thankful for. All of the effort I put into my Instagram account was totally worth it. I've been able to connect with some amazing people through the internet, and it's been inspiring to learn more from people I love. I've been able to contribute to some great magazines like my friend Hermione's 'Lippy Kids' and in badass-mag's 'Where The Magic Happens', where I talk for a little bit about my bedroom together with some other badass girls. Then there's the Arts Not Parts project, which I contributed to by designing a poster/gif. I've been invited to some store openings, which were fantastic but also intimidating because I'm one of the youngest people there and I just feel like a huge dork. I also got sent some clothes, which is everything I've ever dreamt of. Those are some of the things I'm really proud of. Then there are also a lot of days spent with friends, my trip to France and meeting new people.


              




(On these photos) Lazy summer nights in France (probably one of my favourite holidays ever, I love my family). Friday nights spent with the biggest babe of all babes Anna. MY BUZZ CUT which was probably my favourite moment of 2017 and all previous years. My 15th birthday which felt freeing and cozy. Meeting Nausikaa, who is probably one of my favourite people I've met in 2017 (not that I've met a lot of new people, I don't leave my house that often), at the 80s roller disco. My sister at night in France. My brother and my other sister, also in France at night.

That's it for 2017! This was a very cool year for me and I hope 2018 will bring even more excitement. Don't forget to enjoy your holidays and watch a shitload of series (I'm thinking House M.D. and Skam here...). 

See u soon.

Cato


  








1 opmerking:

  1. I love your blogposts and I like the fact that you found yourself in your musicstyle, fashion and your amazing dork being <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen